Thursday, March 26, 2015

Self-discipline----Gotta Practice That

I read a quote by Ray Bradbury that said it's not possible for a writer to write 52 bad stories, so I'm going to see if he's right. It would be kind of disappointing if I prove him wrong but I think the fact that I have 52 weeks to write those stories is going to be psychologically freeing for me. I won't be so precious about each story so the "blank sheet of paper" won't be so intimidating.

My first story will be posted in a few days. I not only don't mind you commenting, I'd love any critique you have for what I write. I don't have a thin skin where that's concerned and all comments and suggestions are given due consideration. Some of this work will hopefully go into a book of my own short stories in time.

For now, on with writing 52 stories in 52 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment